Friday, May 1, 2015

Free to just BE! Free to be ME....

Do I sound happy, and as though I've just been freed from something? I have. As of April 19, 2015, I am no longer moderator of a parenting web site. The publication I did this daily contract work for (for almost 5 years) had a change of format and they no longer need me. And I have to say, it's a relief. My art will sink or swim by my own efforts now; I have no "day job" to blame for being too busy. It's truly a wonderful feeling to wake up each day knowing that if I want to earn any money (and trust me, I do), I can do so by doing what I love.

It took me a few days to decompress. I'm still not used to it, and my schedule still isn't fully my own, since my son's homeschooling and social endeavors take up quite a bit of time. However, I am learning to navigate the new freedom and struggling mightily to accomplish something rather than just run around in my slippers all day drinking coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment