Sunday, November 13, 2011

AEDM#12 - Kept working....

On November 12 for Art Every Day Month, I chose once again to keep working on my newest painting. I made significant progress, too. I don't know if one is supposed to create a new and complete bit of art on every day of AEDM; I hope not. With all that I've got to do, I don't always have time to do art for pleasure (AEDM) and art for business. Business usually wins that battle, as I have this odd need for income.

However, I will say that having made a public commitment to AEDM is helping me have the discipline to make art every day. You might think that doing art every day is natural for an artist. It may well be, but when the artist is a homeschooling mom with another day job too, it's easy for that to be put on the back burner. I am thankful to AEDM for keeping me on track. I know that this painting will be done before long and I can return to my adorable doodles, or perhaps some 5x5 paintings that I can turn into card designs. Thanks for listening.

p.s. I am not including a photo of my painting-in-progress here because I want it to be a surprise.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so excited to see you have a blog now! Look forward to keeping up with you and your art here :)

    ReplyDelete