Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So much to catch up on

I haven't written in a while (That's nothing new.) But it doesn't mean that I haven't been busy. For one thing, I am happy to report that I'm finally art-blogging. Nothing fancy, mind you, but I bought one of those mix-media journals and I carry it with me now, everywhere I go. It's got big, wide pages, and I use my portable "Koi" watercolor set and water brush to add color to my entries. I am thrilled that I finally got the courage to venture into this somewhat intimidating new activity. The entries are delightful to go back and read; not because they're such compelling writing, but because of the illustrations.

I credit Connie Hozvicka and all the artists at "21 Secrets" art journaling workshop with helping me get past the blocks that kept me from trying this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment